Anyone know where to find a hood release cable for a 98 concorde 3.2l LXI?

I have searched all over the damn place and cant seem to find one. Not even any junkyards have em.

Any ideas for internet orders?

98 Concorde 3.2l LXI
Reply to
AFX

Pre- emptive thanks to Bill Putney lol

Reply to
AFX

A pre-emptive "you're welcome".

Should be the same part for *any* 2nd gen LH car (300M, Concorde, LHS, Intrepid) - so you should be able to find it in a junk yard. I could not find the cable listed in the parts pdf's.

Reply to
Bill Putney

This is probably going to be an OEM only part.

Have a part number?

You can search here:

-KM

Reply to
KirkM

I couldn't find it in the Chrysler pdf parts lists. But your way worked. Almost always the on-line discount dealer sites are much better if you have a P/N to plug in, as you suggested. HOWEVER - in this one case, the drill down (body hardware -> hood -> release cable) actually worked.

chryslerpartsdirect.com has the part for $46.14.

mopardiscountparts.com has it for $39.63. They will always be lower - their pricing is 33% below list. Apparently chryslerpartsdirect is only

22% below list (both sites show list as $59.15). (and - yes - I just did the calculation - and it is an honest 33% - go ahead - check it) :)

Unfortunately the drill down data bases don't tell you the part number, but in this case you don't need it.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Wow, thanks for doing all that leg work for me Bill!

Its greatly appreciated.

Reply to
AFX

You're welcome. Kirk helped too.