Battery Post Corrosion

I recently got a fault code on my 2001 PT Cruiser that indicated that the battery was intermittently losing power. I checked and found the battery terminals and connections corroded with "that green stuff". I disconnected the terminals and thoroughly cleaned the terminals and connectors and reconnected everything. Is there a spray something that I can spray on the terminals to prevent this corrosion?

Reply to
indago

People say grease works once the corrosion is cleaned off but I like the red fabric washers with impregnated chemical that they sell at auto parts stores more. Toyota used to put them on their batteries from the factory.

disconnected

Reply to
Art

Pour Coke Cola on it, this will disolve the corrosion.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Diet or caffeine free?

Reply to
Art

I use plain old Vaseline. Works fine and is easier to clean off than grease.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

High test Classic

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

And, of course you can get the spray stuff at most any APS. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver