Blower Resistor Network On Stratus

I'm having a problem with my air conditioner/heater blower in my 97 Stratus. My blower resistor network failed a few weeks ago, I think the diode blew. I replaced the network, but within two weeks the same problem happened. Can anyone think what might be wrong with my blower or something else, or did I just get a bad replacement?

Reply to
Kirk Ellett

The blower motor probably has some shorted windings. As a result of this it still works - but it requires a lot more power than it used to, overloading the resistor pack. This happens every once in a while with electric motors.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt