"Cars" movie: any Chryslers?

Any Dodge or Plymouth or Chryslers n this movie?

Would expect a Viper at least

Reply to
mudpucket

The King in the movie (richard Petty) is a 72 Plymouth Superbird. The best Nascar in the history of Nascar from 70 to 72 they won every major race in Nascar well that or its twin the dodge daytona charger.

But there is at least one MoPar there

Reply to
Omegasupreme

"Snotrod" is a stereotypical muscle car who's friends with the three stereotypical "ricers" that come upon the main characters on the interstate. It appears that "Snotrod" is an early 70's 'Cuda or Challenger. It has a black stripe on it that looks kind of Dodge to me, but I'm not sure. It's definately a Chrysler product.

There are a number of running jokes with "snotrod". Because he's a muscle car, he leans and swerves all over the road, while the ricers just zip around. He has a big ol' bug-catcher and blower sticking through the hood, and this must be his "nose" that makes him sneeze. Every time he sneezes, he seems to get a shot of nitrous.

If you stay for the credits, during the credits the 4 cars including snotrod get caught speeding and have to pave more of the road.

Reply to
Joe

Look closely at the crew cheifs... they are all Dodge Trucks.... or at least drawn after them.

Reply to
Homer Simpson

phew..im REALLY glad i got some answers from this query. After all, its not really a serious auto-related question!

thanks

Reply to
mudpucket

You mean . . . they're not real!!!???

Bill Putney

Cars might be the best car movie ever.

I went over to cuda-challenger.com or .org and they seem to think snot rod is a challenger because the whole presence of those cars is some kind of "fast and furious" joke.

It has a black tail panel and little taillights, so to me it's a 'cuda. We have the video game now, so I get to see "snot rod" all the time at home.

Reply to
Joe

A Plymouth Superbird (voiced by Richard Petty), a Dodge A-100 van, and a '62 Dodge Dart (voiced by those idiots Tom and Ray), and a Dodge Challenger as one of the bad guys ("Snotrod" who hangs out with a bunch of fast-and-furious ricers). Several others in background shots... Thats off the top of my head.

Why? A Viper would be a villain in a movie like this one about the glory days of Route 66.

Reply to
Steve

I agree. It may be animated, but its treats the history of automobiles in America with a great respect, and goes from wonderfully nostalgic to fall-on-the-floor funny (the scene of "Sarge" the army Jeep trying to teach a Hummer how to go offroading is worth the price of a ticket by itself). Best movie I've seen in a LONG time...

Reply to
Steve