Chrysler 97 T&C Infinty Stereo problem

Hopefully someone has dealt with this and can advise me. The radio on my

97 T&C has been cutting out periodically (usually when the volume was turned up) and it would not stay off but a moment. However it cut out yesterday and stayed off, clock and all. I have checked the fuse and it is okay. I am uncertain what to look at next. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Reply to
BWB

I once had a 1990 minivan that came with the Infinity premium radio/cassette and it had a similar problem. Turned out to be a speaker relay that closed about 1 second after the radio was turned on. I did not have a service manual, and found the relay by listening to locate the faint click from in/under the dash when I turned on the radio. The relay was (at that time) a $10 part available from the dealer. The old relay contacts were badly corroded and it looked like it needed replacement once I located it.

I have no idea if this is your problem or if that vintage of T&C still used a powered speaker relay or not, but I wanted to share my experience in case it could be of help to you.

Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman