cost for waterpump replacement

I have a ram 250 van 318, trans. cooler air cond. was charged 256.00 at a used tire place(one step above shade tree mch.) no lift. I went back after 4 hrs. and he had all the parts scattered on the ground and said"didn't think it would be this hard" oh ..oh!! I finially picked it up the next day,And had to ride a bicycle 10 miles to work! He said it would take 3 hours. charged 50.00/hr. 3 hr. +

80.00 for pump + tax etc. this is in central florida. was this a fair price? thanks in advance.
Reply to
dan

Is the work complete?

Does the van work?

Could you have done the work?

If answers are Yes, Yes and No, I'd say it is a pretty fair price.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

I have changed water pumps on 318's in two cars, and one Dodge Sportsman van. The cars were easy compared to the van. The working room on the van was limited.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Depends on how long it takes.

Reply to
Hmmm...

I'm assuming it's a 2500 van and I picked a 2000 year just for example. Anyway it is same motor, 318. Pump is about $65.00 Upper hose is $25.00 Lower hose is $25.00 Discount some for the mechanics price.

So I would say you got a good deal!

Charlie