Air Cond

Drove my daughter's car today and found the air cond not working. Looked under the bonnet and the compressor clutch wasn't engaging. Swapped some fuses and relays and its clutch energised. Swapped the parts to the original places and it is still working - however, the air is not getting chilled and I hear sloshing noises in the glove box area so I am suspecting it needs re-gassing.

Could some sort of sensor have tripped the electrics to give the original fault?

Would running it with low gas cause a problem - should I remove the fuse to stop anyone trying to use it? (It is booked in for a service in about 4 week so I will get it fixed properly then)

Reply to
John

John coughed up some electrons that declared:

Kwik-fit: had my Daewoo regassed for a very reasonable price (about 40 quid

+/-, can't recall exact price).

Took about 50 minutes, by automatic machine. Nothing much for them to get wrong assuming they can key the correct details into the machine.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Thanks - this car is a Daewoo Kalos.

Not sure whether to just go with the main dealer service which is booked or to try Kwikfit now.

Reply to
John

Kwik fit will be cheaper, & they probably know just as much about aircon as the main dealer.

Reply to
Duncan Wood