Dash speaker

Hello. The driver's side dash speaker on my '98 Caravan does not always work. I checked the back of the radio and everything is where it should be. Is the next step removing the dash to remove the speaker? How is this done?

Thank you...

Reply to
David Watts

This was easy in my old 94 Caravan. All I had to do was pry off the hard plastic dash cover (the one stretching from the windshield over the dash speakers). Start at one end and gently pry up removing the dash clips. Then you will see the speaker which will be attached by 2 or 4 screws. Clearance is tight for the speaker screws, but you should be able to figure it out from there.

Intermittent sound is usually a loose wire or a wire grounding out somewhere.

I hope this helps. Mike

Reply to
Mike S

Reply to
philthy

First I would check that all electrical connections are tight. With that old a vehicle I'd reseat the connectors. If lose I'd solder them on.

Reply to
who

Is this the infinity system? I stand to be corrected but I think these are amplified speakers with the amp in the speaker. I have a problem with mines sometimes too (still have to look at it) a good shot of "turn the volume up" usually gets them back in operation so I suspect a corroded connector someplace.

cheers Marv

Reply to
Islander

I thought only the rear speakers were bi-amped

Reply to
Mike Y