Diagnostic/Reset Procedure for LH Automatic Climate Control?

I've seen this procedure posted here at least two dozen times over the last

10 or so years, but I never kept a copy since I figured I could find it in the Google Archives. Upon looking, I can't seem to locate exactly what I need so am hoping someone can re-post it here or send it to me via email.

My sister has a 1999 LHS with the ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) feature. She left the ignition on all night and killed the battery. After jump starting the vehicle she says that the A/C and fan runs full blast all the time. She says that pressing any of the buttons to try to turn off the A/C, change temperature setting, turn on heat, etc. does nothing at all. I am thinking the unit needs to have the diagnostic run to be recalibrated/reset. Can someone confirm this and share the procedure or provide any other thoughts on what she can check?

Thanks in advance. This is something that should be added to the Chrysler FAQ (not in there now.)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Bill Putney