99 Intrepid dash bulb

One of the dash bulbs in my '99 Intrepid has burned out. The FSM has a long, involved process of tearing half the car apart to get at it. Anyone found a shortcut?

Cheers.

Reply to
Jeff Falkiner

I don't know what FSM you're reading, but it's not nearly as involved as you make it sound (10 steps and less than a column of text, and not a single flip to other sections to complete the procedure). No shortcuts (unless you want to break something). Just do it.

If you think that procedure is unnecesarily complex, read thru what it takes to replace the a.c. evaporator

Bill Putney

Yeah - I plan to (hopefully this summer). But in anticipation of the "wonderful" experience, I have read thru the procedure - which may be the reason I'm procrastinating about it. I hate it when the procedure has you flipping from one section of the FSM to another, to another, to another, ad infinitum.

Bill Putney

Not really that hard , for the first time though I guess the hardest part is finding all the hidin screws.. Not sure what year you have but the newer ones have a hiding screw behind the receiver drier.. I don't think the book showed that. You can do it Bill!!! I got faith in ya!

Reply to
maxpower

It's a '99. Thanks for the encouragement - just have to make the time.

Bill Putney