Dodge Carvan 02 tansmission oil leaking

Hello,

I think it is transmission oil that is located under the front of the van on the driver's side. I have 66 000km and never replaced the transmission oil since the van was new.

Is it the cause that the box located where I said is leaking, like it is all wet of oil, but not really leaking like a lot. Just a small drop of oil on my garage.

It is fustrating, now that my van is not under warranty any more (+60 000km)

Thanks.

Reply to
jean

These minivans have a history of oil leakage due to bad head gasket. If you have the 2.4L engine, look at the back of the engine (driver side) and feel if it is oily. If yes, you have a head gasket leak and it will drip oil very slowly.

Reply to
Roger Sircar

I had a bad experience with my 2000 Caravan, Turn out to be the loose hose clamps on the transmission cooler on the radiator. SOB to get at. Seems it's quite common.

CK

Reply to
CK Cheong

The solenoid box on the front of the transmission is a very common leak source.

Reply to
Kevin

I forgot to tell it is a V6 3.3L

Reply to
jean

Also had this problem on the wife's 2003 Stratus...leaking tranny cooler hose clamps. Dealer fixed it.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Isn't powertrain warrantee 100k?

Reply to