DRIVERS SIDE SLIDER WON'T OPEN

I HAVE A 2001 GRAND CARAVAN WITH AN ENTRY PROBLEM. THE DRIVERS SIDE SLIDER USED TO OPEN INTERMITTENTLY BUT NOW WON'T OPEN AT ALL. ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Reply to
ADAM PERRY

A couple of thoughts...

I' not exactly sure what "won't open" means, but if it means does not unlock, then check the electrical contacts on the door and door jamb to make sure they are both clean and can carry the 12V signal to the lock motor.

If it means that the door unlocks, but will not open, then I'd check the safety mechanism that makes sure that the gasoline fill door is closed. The Driver's side cargo door is designed specifically not to open when the gas door is open to prevent a nasty accident that could happen if someone tried to exit while you were still filling the tank from the pump. My guess is that there is probably some type of cable that may need lubrication or alignment. I'm sure someone else in the newsgroup will have a FSM or know exactly how the safety works to help you out.

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman