Entertainment system

I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan.

I am looking for an after-market entertainment system, as close as possible to the original. Is there such an animal?

We take our grandchildren (I am now retired) on trips and we figured this would be helpful in them passing the time.

Dose anybody know if a wrecker would have this type of equipment or is this too delicate a beast to get from a yard.

I would like to install it my self, I have had lots of experience with eng, tech. digital/analogue but I need advice from people who understand the mechanics of autos, electrical mechanics.

I have found that getting this information from dealers is not easy.

I would appreciate any help you may give.

I thank you Keith snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca

Reply to
kreb

mic canic

I have thought about that, but I hate clutter. I have thought about a inexpensive (used) lap top turned in by a business when they upgrade.

Thanks, I will look around Keith

Reply to
kreb

I know you don't want a 3rd party one but just in case, check out Consumer Reports at the library. I'm pretty sure they rated several and compared them to OEM's.

Reply to
Arthur Begun

Keith said:

Excuse me sounding naive but what do you mean by 3rd. party.

To tell you the truth I have not ruled anything out at this stage.

My van is wired for original but here in Canada they want $2365 for the factory system and that. to me, is outrageous.

Thanks Keith

Reply to
kreb