FS: 2001 PT Cruiser (N.J.)

38,000 miles. 1 owner and driver Inferno Red All options available when new Located in Northern New Jersey See listing in Autotrader.com for more info. and pics:

$8400 for quick sale

Thanks for reading, Ron

Reply to
vetteman48

David

vetteman48

Well for starters this is a discussion group, not a for-sale group. There is a whole "for.sale.*" series of groups on Usenet that this kind of post is more appropriate for. Secondly, your already paying autotrader, if you don't think they are advertising your car well enough, why did you pay them to begin with.

There's some tolerance for "for.sale" posts in this group, particularly for old/rare/unusual vehicles and parts, particularly from people who's sole motivation is to clean out the junk in their garages, rather than make money.

But this tolerance can become abused rather quick, and the readers of this group are not interested in wading through 20 for.sale posts every day just to get to the good stuff. We aren't there now but your attitude indicates you think your post is perfectly legitimate here, which I am politely trying to tell you it is not. You should expect a few slings and arrows, and ignore them. Chastising someone for poking fun at your inappropriate post is simply going to irritate people like me who know how to forge cancellations and may decide to go after your post after seeing your responses.

What I don't understand is that your vehicle is low-miles, it's not a bloated Ford Explorer or some other slug that nobody wants, and if it's fairly priced I would expect you to sell it within a few days of listing it in the local paper. Certainly there's lots of people wanting to buy low-mile PT Cruisers in your area. Far more, than the national audience here.

Frankly if I wanted a PT Cruiser like yours I'm sure I would have no problem getting one for the same price and equivalent as yours, locally. Why would I fly across country to buy yours? It seems to me that autotrader is a waste of money, try a local newspaper.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Wow, did'nt know this would evoke such an emotional response. If you go to other newsgroups such as rec.games.pinball you will see many for sale ads. My bad. Oh, I didn't know local people to NJ didn't read this newsgroup. Again, my bad. Oh, notice the first words of the title say for sale. Why not just don't read it if it is so objectionable to you? In addition to auto trader the ad appears in two local papers as well. Most of my resposes have been local people via auto trader. Interesting. I suppose they know how to search by area. The reference to auto trader was for an easy way to direct interested parties to more information rather than posting a long for sale ad here. Yes I was trying to be considerate. And yes this is a newsgroup and my opinion counts too. Go ahead and forge a cancellation to this post. Hopefully it will make you feel better. That's got to be illegal or at least unethical but with my permission shouldn't grate on your conscience. Have a nice day. Ron

Reply to
vetteman48

craigslist.org is the place to list anything for sale and its free and it works.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

It amazes me you think my response was emotional. It was not. If you would like an emotional response I'll be happy to give you one. Would it make you feel better if I was calling you names? OK, how about dirty filthy spammer? Are you happy now? Does that give you warm fuzzies?

I guess your first line of defense on reading something you don't like is to accuse the poster of having an 'emotional response'

This isn't rec.games.pinball. If many for-sale ads are in that group then it's customary for them to be there, thus posting a for sale ad there is merely following the standard the users of that group are satisfied with.

The fact there's so few for-sale ads in this group ought to have tipped you off that they aren't particulary wanted here.

consider the ratio of local-NJ people vs the rest of the world on this newsgroup.

Why don't you just delete e-mail spam instead of reading it and complaining? Oh I forgot, your AOL so your ISP does that for you. Well there's no AOL here to censor every inappropriate post that comes along. Your statement is pretty hipocritical. When the day comes that you post using a totally un-spamfiltered e-mail address, then you can tell the rest of us to just delete inappropriate Usenet posts instead of complaining.

Even more reason not to post here.

No your not. All you give a damn about is selling your car and you don't care who you step on. Are you a regular contributor to this group? think about it.

I'll repeat it again since you didn't read it the first time round:

"We aren't there now but your attitude indicates you think your post is perfectly legitimate here, which I am politely trying to tell you it is not. You should expect a few slings and arrows, and ignore them. Chastising someone for poking fun at your inappropriate post is simply going to irritate people"

Face it, you screwed up. We all do. The honorable thing to do would be to apologize and say nothing more. The fact your trying to lamely defend your mistake just makes it worse.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt