Had a Magnum SXT as a rental this weekend

WOW. I'm even more impressed with the Magnum than I was with the 300. I have zero reservations about the looks of the Magnum- I forgave the 300 its awkward front end because the rest of the car is so nice, but the Magnum is just a beauty all-around. The one I've got is just a 3.5L SXT, but it doesn't embarass itself. The quiet is amazing. I still want to check out a Hemi, but this is a car I find that I could be quite happy with even with only a 3.5. I can't imagine they'll sell many with the

2.7, though. The transmission shifts beautifully- I can't imagine why they feel a need to put the Mercedes tranny behind the Hemi. It could only be a step down.

When I first sat in the car, my initial reaction was that visibility was going to be horrible. But it turns out to be far, far better than most cars I've driven in the past 5 years. The rear windows are small, but just perfectly placed. Very little in the way of a blind spot.

Reply to
Steve

I found it interesting that there is nothing about the Magnum on dodge's home page

but Magnum has its own page at

Greg Houston

Try again! I think the homepage has been updated since you went there.

Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to
Thomas Arneson

Dollar Rent-a-Car at LAX, believe it or not. It was a $7/day upgrade from a F*rd Taurus... like I had to think twice about THAT :-) The rental was a low-rate deal booked through Travelocity, too, so the rate was only about $25 per day. It was a screaming good deal.

Reply to
Steve