Horn Location Neon

Okay here is a real stupid question but I don't know where else to turn. My horn stopped working on my 1998 Neon. Checked horn relay and find it is fine. Now I have to find the horn itself to check for corroded connection and such. Problem is I for the life of me cannot find the horn itself under the hood. Sure could use some help. I'm really not as stupid as I sound here. Or maybe I am. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Cavell

steve piskor

I hope it's not the clock spring inside the steering wheel... horns don't fail so often. Voyagers have faulty clock springs installed, CC has recall on them. Check that if it's faulty, repair is something like

200 + labour 50 !

Steve Cavell wrote:

Reply to
Mikko

Reply to
Steve Cavell

About $15 a pair for the cheap FIAMM jobs at your FLAPS. Won't look factory, but will work just fine unless you're going for the concours show car look.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

A salvage yard item for a few bucks. Any horn will do, probably, if you can bolt it on.

Reply to
Rick

No, not really. Horns are made to blow certain notes. The typical US is note A and note F for a dual-tone horn. If your car is dual tone and the other tone is A, and you buy an A in the junk yard, you won't hear any difference. There are some horns that have both notes in the horn itself. I have seen notes D and C in wrecking yards also. The note is stamped on the horn.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

be qild and install one of those FIAMMS Twin air horns mount them up under neather the front bumper and next time you honk they'll here ya -LOL did that with my 1996 plymouth neon highline sedan just for fun ...what the hay ......

The American Tifoso message news:newscache$daqhoh$k6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ipinc.net...

Reply to
rescue41