How do I install quarterwindow weatherstrip in LeBaron Convertible?

I found the quarter window weatherstrips for my 1991 LeBaron Convertible. One dealer said not avaiable, and while I was in the neighborhood of another, family owned dealer, I checked on the parts. They are available, and in stock in LA. I should have them Wednesday.

In case anyone is interested, they are part numebers:

Passenger side 4615972 Driver side 4615973 $49.10 each

Now, the parts counter guy said it looked to him as if these are GLUED into the top's frame. We asked a guy in the body shop, and he said he 'thought' they were glued in, also. He looked at my car, and said for sure they are glued into place.

He said to try to get some 'trim adhesive' at NAPA, or maybe use 'windshield glue'.

So, anyone know if these are really glued into place? Any glue suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Bill

88 Lancer Shelby 91 LeBaron Convertible 01 Chevy Impala LS
Reply to
Billccm

I replaced mine when I replaced the top on my 93 Lebaron. I just used standard windshield adheasive. It had done well so far. And that was completed back in

99, if you really need to know the timeframe I'm referring to.

Wink

Reply to
MWinkle353

Thanks for the reply. I just installed them tonight. I used 3M 'weatherstrip adhesive and sealant'; it looks like yellow snot, and dries almost clear. I bought it from a body shop for $6.99.

Just an FYI; the newer weatherstrips are MUCH different than the ones on my

1991. I almost did not accept the parts when I picked them up at the dealer, but the guy rechecked the numbers and showed me that was the only listing for that weatherstrip.

Anyhow, my original strips contacted the top's rubber flush. At the top corner of the quarterwindow, was a slight gap. The new weatherstrips actually 'pinch' the top's rubber down onto the corner of the quarterwindow glass, and makes a seal. VERY NICE. I am impressed that Chrysler actually improved on something since 1991.

Thanks agin for the advice.