How to clear codes??

I have a 97 Sebring that I would like to reset the codes. Does anybody know how to do this without visiting the dealer?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jjrardin

"jjrardin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

You can try disconnecting the battery for a half-hour or so.

Regards, Joe

Reply to
Joe

I have an OBD II reader that I got as a gift. It reads the codes and, if you let it do this four times, it then clears them. I suspect that you can also do this by renting a code reader from Autozone. It's free as they refund you rental when you return the device. I suspect that the average rental time is around ten minutes; this is the time it takes to walk to your car, figure out how to use it, use it and bring it back to the counter. It's a good deal, if you don't have your own.

Ken

Reply to
KWS