I have three codes cant figure out

Hey to all, i have a 1995 dodge avenger es with a/c i have some problems 'haha' I am getting three codes, code 22, 23, 44 i replaced the coolant temp sensor, and cleaned the air intake sensor. but the code 44 i am way lost on??? i need some major help my car runs like total pooo and i know its thesse codes. The car will die a lot kinda in the mornings and it dosent like to shift outta 2nd gear to i just turn the key of and back on it works fine.. the engine and generator lights come on and stay on all times but they go out every now and then but instantley come back on?? please help

tia joe

Reply to
jo jo avenger boy

have you checked the charging system? ie, battery and connections are clean. Alternator is charging properly?

Reply to
hartless

yes battery is in ok condition alternator is ok too. the car runs like it is the computer or sensors are bad. like its running real rich, i use a bit more gas than i think it should too. i am starting to beleave that the computer is bad or needs to be reflashed. i know the TCM needs it i beleave that is why it stays in 2nd gear but would that make my car run like it has been??

thanx much for help keep it coming if you need more info just let me know.

thank you joe

Reply to
jo jo avenger boy

The car staying in second, means it is in limp mode. The reason is probably one of the tranny sensors is bad. What you should do is bite the bullet and spend the roughly $80 and have the Chrysler dealership actually scan the car. They can scan the computer and tranny control and get the fault codes, as well as cycle through the sensors, to pinpoint the problem are. They are the only ones to be able to scan the transmission control. And you are probably right in it being the PCM being faulty.

Reply to
hartless

Reply to
jo jo avenger boy

Usually around $80. Your best bet is to call and ask how much for scanning. Tell them what is going on, and that you want them to scan the computer to see what's going on. Repairs on the other hand are what you have to watch for for repair costs.

Reply to
hartless

Yeah, having codes scanned on a diagnostic machine are usually more precise than the blinking-count-the flashes method. Your code 44 seems to show temperature sensor fault.

Reply to
Knifeblade_03