intermitant fault

I have a 1998 2.0 se voyager, great car recently had problem with it juddering intermitantly, we have changed the fuel filter and the battery, stopped for couple of weeks re-started, my husband then replaced the alternator brushes and belt as sometimes battery light came on, it has been completely fault free for a month and has started again much more consistantly, can anyone help us please its actually making me want to get shot of it!!!!

Reply to
Nic34

When was the last time it had a tune up including a good set of plug wires? and are there any fault codes stored in the PCM memory

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Glenn Thanks for replying, its had new plugs and ht leads fitted in the last few months, don't know how to access the pcm memory for fault codes though!! Could you help!!

Reply to
Nic34

it has to be done with a scan tool. some parts warehouses will do it for free.

Glenn

Reply to
damnnickname

Bit the bullet and put it into Chrysler today they are having a look and quoting before doing anything!! If too expensive will do what you suggested again thanks for the help! Nichola

Reply to
Nic34

let me know what they find

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Found out nothing basically for =A380 quid couldn't diagnose anything, i have written complaint letter, and to tell you the truth its been running great since i got it back, they tested the alternator output,input etc all ok, must be gremlins, but i have bought something else so it goes on Friday, thanks for everything. Nic

Reply to
Nic34

Found out nothing basically for £80 quid couldn't diagnose anything, i have written complaint letter, and to tell you the truth its been running great since i got it back, they tested the alternator output,input etc all ok, must be gremlins, but i have bought something else so it goes on Friday, thanks for everything. Nic

What was the reason to write a complaint letter?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

I felt the reason was that i was paying for nothing being diagnosed, disappointing love the car, hey i was going to keep it as its running great but its got 102,000 miles on it now so time for something a bit newer, never know i may go back to them someday but i'm hearing too many scare stories about the new ones and two couples approached us on leaving the place to warn us not to buy from them so!!! see ya

Reply to
Nic34

I felt the reason was that i was paying for nothing being diagnosed, disappointing love the car, hey i was going to keep it as its running great but its got 102,000 miles on it now so time for something a bit newer, never know i may go back to them someday but i'm hearing too many scare stories about the new ones and two couples approached us on leaving the place to warn us not to buy from them so!!! see ya

I guess I just don't understand. If A technician spends time and cannot locate a problem because it is happening. He/she should still get paid for the effort especially in today's car with all the electronics. And to send in a complaint letter and then saying you may take it back.. now what kind of work do you think your going to get this time for your money..just a thought

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

I take it you are a technician, if i was one i would like to tell the customer this is what is wrong, not maybe its this or it could be that or we just don't know, drive it away and see if it happens when you are driving??? Thats the disappointing thing a mean if you go for a diagnosis at the doctor they are normally pretty thorough and i suspect if you gave them nearly =A380 they would be on the ball!!!!

Reply to
Nic34

I take it you are a technician, if i was one i would like to tell the customer this is what is wrong, not maybe its this or it could be that or we just don't know, drive it away and see if it happens when you are driving??? Thats the disappointing thing a mean if you go for a diagnosis at the doctor they are normally pretty thorough and i suspect if you gave them nearly £80 they would be on the ball!!!!

When you go to the doctors you speak to the doctor, he can talk to you and get the information out of you that he needs to properly diagnosis your problem. A technician refers to an RO written by the service advisor and that service advisor get his info from the owner.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

I get your point, but you must get mine also!!!!

Reply to
Nic34