Just Ordered a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible

Hey, new to this topic, plz be easy on me...LOL!

As the subject line says, just ordered one today, my wife says the dealer already called with the VON number...guess I need to check that info out...what is the web URL to track my vehicle?

FWIW, only options are the 17 inch Aluminum Chrome wheels (WGK) and also being charged $225 for PEL...Inferno Red Tinted Pearl Coat Paint...DAMN, can You say no real break off of listed MSRP for ordering this vehicle????

Now on to the good stuff...

The 2.4 Turbo has been out for a couple of years, right?

What is the best cold air induction package, computer chip, and dual cat back exhaust system I can buy for my new toy, keeping in mind.....bust bang for the buck with a increase in HP?

And I'm asking you good folks for advice on other "make it go fast" bolt on parts (I'm thinking waste gate mods...did I reference that right?) that are available with real life proven, certified results....can we get the 2.4 up to 250 HP?

BTW, in the NY area, anyone have a delivery date available past 4/22?

Finally, what are the biggest tires I can fit on those 17 inch Aluminum Chrome Wheels? I'm sure I can upgrade the factory tires for better performance and looks, whats the HOT tire everyone is upgrading to?

Thanks in advance!!!

-MACE-

Reply to
MACE

i wouldnt modify it much, it might mess with your warranty

Reply to
robs440

hey mace check out this new forum

just started a few days ago.

the turbo came out in 2003, the best cold air intake is made by a guy named AMX it uses the bottom of the stock air box.

their are no "chips" but

has a stage 1 that upgrade the pt to

235hp, and they are soon to release stage 2 good for 265hp.

dual exhaust, try

the turbo wants to breath so 2.5 or 3" is the way to go.

best bang for the buck is a manual boost controler.

also did you get the 215hp HO turbo or the turbo light 180hp?

Reply to
Punch

Reply to
sidewinder

That is not true....even if you have the dealer install the Turbo 1 kit....It will void your warranty and the Turbo 1 kit comes with no warranty....Better check before you install...I have a new 2004 and will not add anything that will void the warranty at least for know just in case some items go bad on the car....and can get it fixed under the factory warranty......better to be safe then sorry and broke....

Reply to
robert

Reply to
sidewinder

***Hey, thanks for the excellent info and web sites!***

I ordered the HO Turbo, 2004 book says its 220 HP, not 215, which I believe is correct.

Anyone seen a brochure on the 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible yet?

BTW, I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7 engine. I've installed a Jet Chip (Stage II), cold air induction kit, 180 degree thermostat, and flowmaster SUV Series 40 dual catback exhaust, no problems with voiding my warranty.

I'm buying the GT from the same dealer, who knows I'll be wanting to do bolt on upgrades, but due to having the 2.4 HO Turbo, I will verify there are no warranty issues involved with those upgrades

Reply to
MACE

Same was true for the original PT...now the dealers can't give them away.

Reply to
John (PA)