late model Chrysler cars and road salt.

2010 PT Cruiser with 26,000 miles.
Was under the car today doing routine maintenance. I noticed the effects of road salt use in my area on under body sheet metal (rust on leading edges of panels, etc.) more than I have seen on my 2000 3ooM or previous owned MOPAR cars.
Is Chrysler taking some shortcuts on sheet metal prep of late or is the melt mix used on the highways getting nastier?
Reply to
Steve Stone