Mini-Van Water Pump

Is changing a water pump on an 04 3.8 Town & Country an easy do-it-yourself project? Are there any traps to look out for?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

do-it-yourself

Its a different set up then the old style 3.8. not an easy job to do on the ground because the engine has to be pryed over in order to get the pump off and on. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

do-it-yourself

It's a do it yourself project but it is not easy but not impossible, either. A lot depends on what tools you have. Can you give us an idea of the kinds of car repair projects you have done in the past? Like what was the biggest/most complex one that you have done? We could give you a much better idea this way.

Also if your planning on doing some of your own work you should get a factory service manual.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Good idea on the manual. I have rebuilt several motors, carbs, transmissions, suspensions and bodies on 190SL's, 300SL's, and 356 series vehicles in my youth, still it sounds like Chrysler did not make this an easy job.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

You can do this.

Welcome to vehicles manufactured in the last decade. ;-)

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to