Need code for CD PLAYER

Anybody know how to get the code for the CD player for a Neon 2000 model. Bought car second hand. Replaced battery, but now I'm stuck with a cd player needing a code to start operating again. Is there a master code or maybe a way to bypass the code?

Would really appreciate help, because new custom audio system would cost a lot of money here in South Africa

thanks

Reply to
geek

if its a Chrysler radio it does not have a code

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

I finally got the code from previous owner, but now display says "WAIT' How do I get display to show "CODE" again so I can enter the code.

Need help please. Can't stand the silence in my car.

Reply to
geek

Disconnect the battery again!

Reply to
hartless

Ask the previous owner, who installed an aftermarket radio, for the instruction book. Simple. OR, go to the website of the aftermarket radio's manufacturer, and check out the FAQs. Simple. OR, buy a new radio. Simple.

Reply to
Deke

I got the book from the previous owner, but it tells me absolutely nothing. Here's a quote from the book about codes: "Once a radio is in this lockup mode, it must be in a state where battery and ignition voltage are applied, and the radio is ON, for approximately 30 minutes. During this time, the display will say "WAIT"

The book doesn't state anything further about getting rid of the WAIT message to get to CODE message.

Reply to
geek

Turn the ignition on and leave it on for 30 minutes.

Reply to
Mike