850 CD player balking... help?

Hello, My 1995 850 has a 6 CD player that was added in the trunk by the dealer. It will independently eject the cassette. I have to open the player and push the cassette back in and then it will work for how ever long it chooses before ejecting the cassette again. Anyone have this experience or have a remedy for the problem? Thanks, Signe

Reply to
Chris_Strawn

My 6 CD player in a S70 started to behave like this a few days ago. No idea yet about how to fix it. BR Carl

"Chris_Strawn" skrev i meddelandet news:mp6dncb6z snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Carl / Sweden

The display shows E-02 after the cassette is ejected. BR Carl

"Carl / Sweden" skrev i meddelandet news:BR3vd.124234$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net...

Reply to
Carl / Sweden

Mine also shows the E-02 code. It malfunctions in two different ways.

Initially a CD would be stuck in the player. No way to predict why, how or when it would release it.

That stopped and then the cassette would eject and lodge against the player "door". I could slid open the door and push the cassette back in and it would work... until it decided to do it again.

This week it has gone back to the stuck CD format!

Reply to
Chris_Strawn

FWIW, the most common CD player problems in general are use of CDs with paper labels (too thick) and deterioration of the rubber drive belt(s) inside. The belts lose their tension - they stretch - and then the mechanism doesn't have enough oomph to operate. That becomes worse in cold weather. The belts are available at well-stocked electronics supply stores, but DIY repairs are pretty intricate. Yahoo search for "car radio repair" revealed a lot of places that advertise repair - caveat emptor.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I'm only using CDs with no paper labels so I don't follow that trail... About the bad belt theory...: My CD player ejects with a "bang" when the cassette hits the player "door". Usually happens when I start the car, i.e. starting the player. Ejecting the cassette could then be the normal behavior of the player when it finds that it is not operating correct during startup. The failure mode may then be caused by a bad belt. My first thought was some electrical problem. Any more thoughts and ideas are welcome before I open the player and check it out I'm really annoyed by this problem. BR Carl ...driving a S70 LPT in Sweden

"Michael Pardee" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net...

Reply to
Carl / Sweden