Neon Steering column interchange.

My daughter's stolen 1998 Neon Sport has been recovered - with a severely damaged steering column. It is a 5 speed with tilt. There are NO good used 95-99 standard shift columns in the local yards, but there IS a 2000 automatic shift column, in very good condition - and it is a tilt as well. The hollander only lists 1995-99 standard shift as being a direct fit.

Has anyone ever attempted to install a 2000 column in a 99 or older vehicle? What are the differences?

Also, what is the difference between a standard and automatic column???

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Where are you located? I have a streering collum sitting in the garage not being used. e-mail me at mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Michael

Reply to
mic canic