Quality transmissions in pt cruiser, still?

The auto tranny "imploded"-(dealers words, not mine) in my 2002 pt cruiser base. @ what mileage you ask????.........a mere 40,000 my friends. my question is, has chrysler begun using something better than the mitsubishi trannies? in the 2005's?, or are we all awaiting future implosions?-and I loved that car/truck dammit!-jay

Reply to
JAY

Your's is the first PTCruiser posted here that I've noticed with a bad AT. You win.

Reply to
Art

What Chrysler's used Mitsubishi transmissions?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Chrysler does not use Mitsubishi transmissions.

So...get it fixed and keep on rolling. The transmission in the PT Cruiser has not been troublesome on the whole. No machine's perfect, and you happened to get one that died early.

What's the warranty coverage on a PT Cruiser, anyhow?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern
7 years, 70,000 powertrain warranty.

Reply to
SRG

For 2002, it depends on when the car was purchased. Cars purchased prior to Nov 2001 came with no additional coverage, strictly the 3/36 bumper to bumper coverage. On November 1, to stimulate sales, Chrysler began offering the 7/100 powertrain pledge. It was non transferable. Sometime in the Spring of the year, March or April 2002 the coverage was switched again to a

7/70 powertrain pledge which was transferable. My wife purchased her PT in October of 2001, just a month too early to get the extended coverage. My PT, purchased the end of December of that year, came with the 7/100 powertrain pledge.
Reply to
Carl Keehn

Ah, that explains it, I bought my 02 in August of 2002, never realizing that Chrysler offered any other coverage then the 7/70. I belong to a PT club and have not yet heard anyone having a transmission problem. SRG

Reply to
SRG

Matt, All the FJ's (95-2000) and the ST22's (2001 and up) as these are Mitsu built Chryslers and Dodges All PT's use the Chrysler version of the 41TE not the Mitsu version.

Bill

Reply to
Bill