"Power" mirror question

I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
"power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
Now I find that it does not have the heat and memory
(auto-tilt-down-in-reverse) features. The cable has only 5 conductors
instead of the 9 in the original.
Is it reasonable to dispute the description as a "power" mirror?
Perce
Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in news:p54mfq$ebq$1 @dont-email.me:
it said power mirror, not heated, sorry but you didnt look close enough or message a question. KB
Reply to
Kevin Bottorff
But if it said "power mirror" for an '02 300M, how was I supposed to know that there are "power mirrors" that fit a 300M but do not have all the features that the mirror on a 300M has? How was I supposed to know that I ought to have asked?
Perce
Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:
I am not unsimathetic but thats part of the hazard of buying on eslay. You have to know exactly what you need and that would include looking on online parts stores to see if there are options other than what you have. He didnt misrepresent it, you just didnt happen to know exactly what you needed. KB
Reply to
Kevin Bottorff
this mirror?
Is the connector in the photo just like your old one? Maybe not.
Reply to
AMuzi
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 4:27:49 PM UTC-10, Percival P. Cassidy wro te:
Now you know that power mirrors aren't all the same and that you have to as k to make sure the connectors are the same. What's the problem? You are now smarter than you were before. You got an education that's worth more than the paltry sum you paid for that mirror. Now go out and buy the proper mirr or.
Reply to
dsi1
Nope. You have the basic power mirror that fits that car. The one you need has more options than just being a power mirror.
There are at least 6 different mirrors to fit that year/model. You need to look for the one that matches your option group.
The seller listed it as a power mirror that fits, and was correct. Now if it had been listed as having heat and power and XXX and it showed up and was a manual adjust mirror then you have a complaint.
Reply to
Steve W.
When I go to dealer spare parts counter to buy a thingamejig, they ask what is the VIN of my car. Just telling them it is a model X series 2, isn't enough, because shit got changed at random, maybe because they found failures, or supplier went belly up.
Reply to
pedro1492

Site Timeline Threads