Problems still with Dodge Dakota -not starting

I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 5.2L. 5sp. It started to die when driving and after sitting for a little bit (1/2 hr) started back up again and ran for a few more days. Now will not even start-starter kicks over and fuel pressure is 36#. So fuel pump should be okay? It is and EFI system- so no cleaner can be injected. I do not see a spark in the cylinder when the wire is out. I changed plugs/wires/ distributer cap/rotor and still won't kick over. Oh and I have gasoline in the tank :)

Could it be what's called an O2 Sensor-would a vehicle act like that...or something simple like coil wire? Can anyone give me more suggestions? Thank you for your help.

Reply to
lindamg

I had a 2001 have a something close to what you had. My issue begain with misfires and stall. Took a few good tries to start it back up. The common item that was often failing was the crank pickup sensor (behind valve cover pass. side. on the bell housing.) These are known to fail. simple bolt to loosen and cable plug. It was a arm reach with me with a extension and socket. Problem never came back after I replaced it. **Crankshaft position sensor fault code**

Reply to
Scootter

Reply to
Scootter