Why no 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipses around?

Will post a photo after this message.
I'm just curious why these are so hard to find. I've got a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse I'm restoring to new condition. Still runs like a bat out of hell, just needs some cosmetic items - plastic parts, upholstery and detailing to bring back to new look.
For the last year or so I have looked around locally and online to see what is worth and can't find any of these for sale. Also struck out getting replies from Mitsubishi car clubs.
If I didn't own one, I would guess that they are all off the road. KBB value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic value and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes smog with flying colors, etc...
Also have researched DSM 1G's and don't see any reasons they would not be an ideal collector car or hot rod.
I'd like to hear any comments about this car from people who have owned one of the DSM 1Gs. I know that the model changed after 1990-91.
Thanks.
Reply to
Mitzu
[...]
PS -- I forgot to say that I'm not selling it. Just curious why I don't see them.
Reply to
Mitzu
shi Eclipse I'm restoring to new condition. Still runs like a bat out of h ell, just needs some cosmetic items - plastic parts, upholstery and detaili ng to bring back to new look.
at is worth and can't find any of these for sale. Also struck out getting replies from Mitsubishi car clubs.
value is super low typical of a 26 year old car. But to me the classic val ue and the fact that it's still good transportation should be higher. Still gets over 25 mpg, passes smog with flying colors, etc...
an ideal collector car or hot rod.
ne of the DSM 1Gs. I know that the model changed after 1990-91.
I had a co-worker that had a 1990 Plymouth Laser, which is comparable, from what I understand. Not sure why there is not more of a following for these . I was impressed with the acceleration that it had.
KM
Reply to
greybuck