PT Cruiser drive belt replacement

2001 PT Cruiser: Anyone have procedure for replacing PS/alternator/AC drive belts, and difficulty? (It looks like the start would be to remove the right front wheel & then spashguard.)
Reply to
jimhigh66

Is there a procedure in the service manual? You DO have the manual.....

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Well, um, ah, no, I don't have a manual for the PT -- haven't needed one until now. ( I'm pretty sure if I did I wouldn't need to ask the question. ) Jim H.

Reply to
jimhigh66

Reply to
philthy

Re "...pain...": I've changed a number of drive belts over the last 50 years and it appears the PT requires a different approach than what I've experienced with other vehicles. That's why I asked for pointers -- perhaps I'll eventually get a reply that provides information.

Reply to
jimhigh66

Since you scoffed at the idea of buying a manual, I doubt many of us are that sympathetic.

In my book anyone who can afford a 2001 anything has the coin to spend on a FSM, or failing that on an Alldata subscription.

Would you pay a mechanic to work on your car who has no manual for it?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Scoff at buying one ? Hmm. I've bought a number of manuals and don't recall any scoffing. I'll probably order one -- the local Advance Auto doesn't have one on hand. I just thought someone might give a few pointers and not begrudge me for asking. (I tried to bias my wife into buying a Camry. I have an old '89 and have received a considerable amount of help here with it. Different crowd of people, I guess.)

Reply to
jimhigh66