PT INFO FOR THE GROUP - AC Fan/ Thanks Glenn Beasely

Well gang-

I posted earlier this month and Glenn Beas told me that the AC fan might have died, due to our PT compressor making the car shake, and causing a small drop in power.

Glenn my friend-you were right. Today, we took the baby in for a check up, and oil change. 4 hours, and $600 later-we had to replace the AC fan. I found out it comes as a $350 kit, plus labor. Something I unfortunately could not fix.

I did find out, the wife had used the AC 11 months out of the year down in South Georgia for the last 5 years, so it was definitely due for a little TLC. Now, when the compressor kicks in-the car doesn't shake, and the AC is cold!!!!!

I appreciate the input Glenn. Thanks-

mike

Reply to
pe2

IMO it should have taken that hands down.

Reply to
who

Good to hear Mike!! But it is a rather easy job to do if you ever had to do it again.. Since the fan did not kick on when the high side pressures maxed out, you may have lost some R134 from the pressure release valve popping. Did they check the system for proper charge when the work was done?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

A new fan assembly is under $100 on ebay and a dope can change it out in about one hour. Been there, done that.

Reply to
rfeirste

How long for a smart person to do it?

Bill Putney

yeah, they checked everything. today was the first real test as it was 90+ here.

Reply to
pe2