Radio antenna and car wash

I have a 2005 Neon with a rigid radio antenna and I'm worried that if I take it through an automatic car wash I'll damage it. Should the antenna be removed before taking it through the wash? (It looks like it might require a special tool to pop it out.) Nothing in the user's manual seems to give any guidance on this.

Reply to
ScratchMonkey

argyliz

"argyliz" wrote in news:e8b16$474dd5da$d066adf1$21020 @FUSE.NET:

I agree. Now where do I find the tool and instructions to remove it?

Reply to
ScratchMonkey

I gave up on auto car washes because they scratched the finish. Depending where it is and the type of wash brush, the antenna could be damaged.

Reply to
Josh S