Re: '93 Acclaim ignition cylinder replacement

I finally found someone that could tell me how to install the new style ignition cylinder. He works at an auto wrecking yard.

The metal part that takes the place of the pin is oriented on the ignition module below the well that the cylinder fits into. The end with the tab fits into a hole in the bottom of the module. The other end is fitted under the top screw of the top left corner of the module. The hole in the middle of the new part is for a screw that fits into the pin hole and is NOT screwed all the way into the cylinder.

Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Steve

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to install a new > ignition cylinder in my 93 Acclaim? I removed the old cylinder with > no problem following my Haynes manual. The old mechanism has a rolled > metal pin that secures the cylinder into the ignition well and is > released by pushing the pin in, flush with the surface. The new > mechanism has a hole for the pin in the same place but the hole is > only half as deep as the old hole, so this pin cannot be used. The > new cylinder came with a big part that has a tab that should fit in > the hole. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to install this > part. The mechanism did not come with any diagrams and the Haynes > manual only covers the orginal part design. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated! > > Steve
Reply to
Stephen Anderson