Remote key fob - replacement

TNKEV ( snipped-for-privacy@alexanderjeepfrankling.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Say it out loud... It's somebody from 'merka

Reply to
Adrian

Pubic hair wig.

Reply to
SteveH

Er... the people bashing are in a uk.rec.cars.misc group, usually. Although they might also post regularly to r.a.m.c for all I know.

I like my american derived v8 engine (SD1 with some american bits like a holley double pumper and wildcat manifold) but I would freeze in fear and powerlessness when sat behind the wheel of an american chassis.

Not because it's got problems, but whoever built it just didn't understand. It's like learning and honing the skill of riding a tamed mustang horse over decades of practice, becoming recognised as master of riders and then being sat on a Rhinoceros. Yes, it can go through walls, but "WHY?!?"

(Yes, I realise they might not be able to go through walls these days. )

Reply to
Questions

Ahhhh 'merka got it! (yeah type slow!)

Reply to
TNKEV

Check your Newsgroups: line. You're also bashing them in rec.autos.makers.chrysler. Please edit it and go away.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

You shouldn't be surprised to see someone telling the truth about shit cars.

Untrue, it's vastly overpriced, has an asthmatic and inefficient 2 litre engine that can barely keep up with a standard Eurobox 1.4 engine, and the servicing bills are most amusing. It's not even cheap to buy and it appears to have been styled by a blind man during the week when his dog was on holiday.

It has the dynamics of a blancmange fastened to a roller skate.

If you blow on it hard it wil burst into flames. It is the only vehicle to score nil points in Euro NCAP crash testing.

Ah, that would explain its position at the bottom of the JD Power survey.

No, Chrysler manages to be unique in actually making a full range of utterly s**te vehicles.

All of the above and the fact that servicing costs more than for a Jaguar, parts are ludicrously expensive, the dealers suck donkey dick, and all Chryslers are the most unreliable hunks of junk this side of the Urals.

Besides, all their ass is owned by Krauts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He's only slightly less stupid than your president.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Pubic wig, or just another name for you Septics.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Somebody from the Yoonaad'd States of Mairca. The correct spelling is "Maircan"; perhaps that's why you didn't recognize the word.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

That may be so, but the entire UK also covers 94 square kilomiles, which is only one square kilomile smaller than the land mass of...

...Oregon.

Oregon is only one United State. There are forty-nine others, which together with oregon total 3537 square kilomiles. That alone comprises a home market a shade under thirty-eight times larger than the UK. There are also a few territories, and Canada could rightly be called a part of TCFKACC's home market, which adds _another_ 3591 square kilomiles, making TCFKACC's home market fully 145-1/2 *times* larger than the UK.

As you can see, I'm trying very hard to put forth extrinsic explanations for why the UK is laughably irrelevant from the automotive standpoint. It would be mean of me to point out also the utter and spectacular failure of the English, er, "car" industry, but I shan't let that prevent me doing so.

As have a great many continental Europeans since 1987.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Right, 'cos Vauxhalls and Rovers are *so* much better.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I'm not saying that a Rover would be any better, but we seem to have a tiny bit of a problem here, in that Vauxhalls actually are yank s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

owned by americans , but Designed and built by limey's. And Rovers! What about that great english import to the U.S.! Sterling! Wow, and they copied the great Honda! Hah! Are there any English made and owned vehicles? NOOOOOOO!

Jaguar Quality when it was built and owned by limey's was????

Oh, Shiitteee!

Reply to
David

By the Germans, actually, but, heh, Britain _is_ Europe to you lot of inbred idiots.

This will be the Honda that are consistently the best selling car in the US, then?

TVR. But they make proper sportscars, so you wouldn't be interested.

You're barking up the wrong tree here - where exactly do you think Jaguars are built?

And whilst we're at it. How about Rolls Royce and Bentley? - not British owned, but British built.

OK, point me in the direction of a car designed and built in the US that actually stands up to comparison with it's European / Japanese competitors?

Reply to
SteveH

LTI.

Caterham.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Isn't Chrysler owned by the Germans these days and their new quality models based on Mercedes bits, such as the 300c, the crossfire etc...

Rubbish. We just don't go in for pickup trucks - no market demand, and the Japanese ones are better - Toyota make the best.

4x4s / SUVs? How come that world wide LandRover (who have been the best long before Ford's ownership) are the favourite? The Defender is king of the off road, RangeRover the king of the luxury off-roader, Freelander is the "lifestyle" machine for off-road use. In fact the US buys a lot of them.

Oh sorry, seppos don't drive off road, they just like their gas-guzzling unsafe rollover car crushing SUVs to be big don't they.

As for quality - ever wonder why you guys have such busy service departments? The cars are built poorly from cheap materials - if it wasn't for the dealers gluing them together they'd never last.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Daniel J. Stern (dastern@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

An alternative way to look at it is that we have a population of 60 million

- or more than the two most populous states (California and Texas) added together, with enough left over to cover roughly the 10 least populous.

Reply to
Adrian

David ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, no. They're neither 'merkin s**te nor our own s**te.

Vauxhall/Opels are designed and built by Krauts. The last British designed Vauxhall was the HC Viva, launched in 1970.

Reply to
Adrian

David ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How about the Merc ML? Built by 'merkins, and bottom of the quality surveys over here.

Reply to
Adrian

I think you missed his point.

Reply to