Remote key fob - replacement

David ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I wonder exactly what they do in the rather large Engineering Centre at Whitley, then?

Umm, no. (With the exception of the XJ) Jags are now rebadged Fords - in the case of the X-type, a German Ford, the Mondeo.

We just can't understand your accent, so you'll have to be subtitled or remade - but without the humo(u)r...

Reply to
Adrian

I tried this part number at couple of main dealers(Clive Sutton in Kinsbury and Balham in London) and they said its not for Neon(1996)... and said that Chrysler have stopped maintaining the old remote and for those who wanted replacement should buy the whole unit! And he also said that if you can get one from somewhere they could re-program it for free as its a 1996 model.

Someone mentioned key cutters Timpsons - can they do car remote as well?

help....

Thanks, Sandiyan.

Reply to
sandiyan

You're forgetting population density.

The population of the USA is demonstrably denser than that of the UK.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
David

David ( snipped-for-privacy@cox.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, but we've learnt to read on this side of the pond...

Reply to
Adrian

And how reliable has your Alfa been...?....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Limeys (no apostrope!) or Germans? Vauxhalls are now rebadged Opels, are they not? The Vauxhalls preceding this period weren't much cop, were they? The designs were certainly boring IMO. Can't comment on mechanical reliability in relation to other makes.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The only breakdown has been a failed clutch slave cylinder. I'll let it have that one, as it's 130k miles and 15 years old.

Reply to
SteveH

Perhaps only in Europe. US cars in the US are a lot cheaper than here, I trust you know.

Just curious, from a price point of view, what would you put up against the Neon that's similar in spec but cheaper in the UK. (Never mind the EuroNCAP for now.)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Dori A Schmetterling ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Lovely, an' all, but that nugget's not a lot of use in the UK.

The Neon was last available new here last summer (2004/04 plate).

2.0LX manual - £12,702 2.0LX auto - £13,002 2.0R/T manual - £13,995

That's slap bang in the middle of good-spec Focus money. 1.6 Zetec, £12,882. 1.8 Zetec, £13,382. Yes, the Neon is nominally a little larger (not much in it), but the reviews also slate it for poor rear space.

There's absolutely no question as to which is the better car - and the used Focus would now be worth two grand more than the Neon. After nine months.

The Focus is also a big chunk more economical, falls into a cheaper road tax band than the Neon, and is FIVE insurance groups lower (7 instead of

12)...
Reply to
Adrian

Figuring out how to take Jaguar back to its roots. And it's working. When the Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe was revealed at the North American International Auto Show last month, one headlamp was burnt out.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Playtoys built at the rate of 2/year don't count as "cars".

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Er...nope. Vauxhalls are a mix of Kraut and Brit. No Yank in 'em. Never has been.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

*bzzzzt* wrong again.

You get versions of the European Corsa, Astra, Vectra and previously the Omega.

Reply to
SteveH

Daniel J. Stern (dastern@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Bwahahahahahahahaha - that'll be down to the fabled 'merkin Ford management and PR people, then...

Reply to
Adrian

Well, yeah! If you don't include West Virginia! 8^)

Bill Putney

There isn't a Ford badged Ford with the same engine, gearbox, shell or interior as an S type. It platform shares with a Lincoln but I can't imagine the Lincoln has the same qualities of damping and handling of the S type.

The X type is the Mondeos poor but smartly dressed cousin.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's Limies. And it's Apostrophe.

HTH.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

500 caterhams p/a IIRC. And there's loads of LTIs around.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You f****it. The 300C was slagged here for being possibly the worst handling car even imported into Britain. And the interior is regarded as below the quality achieved by East European car makers.

The ones with rear suspension copied from a Roman horse-drawn cart you mean?

One of the least reliable vehicles in the world, equally useless both on road and off it. Owners swear at it, not by it.

One of the few 4x4s that's even worse than the Cherokee.

Sorry, what colour is the sky on your planet?

Oh priceless.

Reply to
Steve Firth