Stripped drain plug on a 2000 Neon

That's good - it's been my experience also that the service writers aren't as good as the mechanics.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Found a great dealer for a Chrysler dealership but the service writers are just that, without any solid knowledge or experience. One is awfully pretty though and pleasant so who am I to complain? Whatever you say good looking, just keep talking to me...

Reply to
treeline12345

That's why all service writers, or at least the service managers, SHOULD be mechanics. Most dealerships hire vacuum cleaner salesmen for the job. That way they know the've got someone experienced at "hosing" the customer.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Aluminum pans are often used to stiffen the lower end of the block as well as reduce noise, but not necessarily to reduce weight. AFA noise reduction is concerned, I find that they *change* the engine's sound more than *reduce* it, but that's what I've read in new model engineering reports.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Well... maybe not directly to reduce weight. But the block can be lighter since the pan is expected to provide some stiffness; the net result is less total weight for a given level of stiffness.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Reply to
tim bur

Reply to
tim bur

No such thing as a "steel" block (except for Crosley). Try cast iron.

Reply to
cavedweller

Reply to
tim bur

Right...and gasoline and engine oil are both made from crude.

Reply to
cavedweller