stupid headlight

1990 plymouth sundance...

replacing headlight bulbs...thought this would take 10 minutes...now its getting cold and dark and I still haven't pulled out the headlight....

do I have to remove the radiator?? any advice appreciated...

skill level: 2/5

Reply to
sachin

Remove the radiator? Whatever for? Open the hood and:

1) Grasp the headlamp socket. Depress the locking tab on top and pull the socket rearward to remove it from the bulb. 2) Grasp the plastic locking ring and rotate it counterclockwise until it stops; pull the ring rearward and set it aside. 3) Grasp the plastic bulb base and pull it rearward. 4) Make sure the new bulb is a type 9004 and not any other kind (9007 will NOT fit). Insert it straight forward into the bulb hole with the flat portion of the base facing up. Push firmly to make sure it is fully seated. 5) Place the plastic locking ring over the bulb base and push it forward, then turn clockwise until it stops. If the ring will not turn or it will not lock, flip it and install it with the other side facing forward. 6) Push the socket onto the bulb until it snaps into position.

It takes about 1/3 the time to do all of this as it took me to type it all out, and I type at over 100 words per minute.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thank you Daniel. My problem was that I could not access the rear of the headlight (from the engine bay) because of the coolant reservoir sitting directly behind the drivers side headlight. My hands would barely reach the socket...I managed to pull out the socket but thats how far I got.

I'm sure the passenger side will be easier...just didn't get to it tonight (cold and dark).

-sachin

Reply to
sachin

Reply to
sachin

DS: Did you seen the recent article about the prospect of the industry introducing LCD headlights and brand specific colors so that you can tell what make of car the vehicle is from the headlight color?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Wow, an LCD headlight!?! And you thought the 1st gen LH headlights were crap!

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

With the DOT protecting all of us who live in North America from unapproved lighting, what do we have to worry about. If it gets approved it must be good; right? (LOL).

Richard.

Reply to
Richard