Timing belt change for 2003 Dodge Stratus

We have the following in our family, all with the 2.4L DOHC engine: 1998 Dodge Stratus 2000 Chrysler Cirrus 2003 Dodge Stratus
In the owner's manuals, the 1998 Status and 2000 Cirrus call for the timing belt
to be changed at 105,000 miles for *normal* use. The 2003 Stratus specifies the change at 90,000 miles.
The Gates Timing Belt Guide specifies the exact same information. It also shows that the timing belt change for 2.4L DOHC engine in the 2003 PT Cruiser, and 2003 Chrysler Sebring to be 105,000 miles. It's the exact same engine, as I understand.
For 2005 and later, the change interval goes back to 105,000 miles for the Stratus.
Was there a reason for the difference on a 2003 & 2004 Dodge Stratus, or was it just a misprint?
My 2003 Stratus is overdue for the belt change based on the owner's manual recommendations. I am trying to determine if I should get it done now, or if I can wait until 105,000 miles.
With our 1998 Status and 2000 Cirrus, the water pumps started leaking before the belt change was specified, so the the belts were changed early.
Thanks,
Kirk M.
most likely they started installing an updated belt design in 05. go for 90,000 anyway regardless.

On 12/06/12 11:25 pm, greybuck wrote:

belt to be changed at 105,000 miles for *normal* use. The 2003 Stratus specifies the change at 90,000 miles.

shows that the timing belt change for 2.4L DOHC engine in the 2003 PT Cruiser, and 2003 Chrysler Sebring to be 105,000 miles. It's the exact same engine, as I understand.

recommendations. I am trying to determine if I should get it done now, or if I can wait until 105,000 miles.

Our 1996 Stratus ES (V-6) had a water pump leak at about 55,000 miles, so we had the timing belt replaced at the same time -- or at least we paid for a new timing belt, but the belt broke just short of 90,000 miles. Either they did not really change the belt, or perhaps they replaced the belt but not the pulley, which might have had a bad bearing resulting from the coolant leak.
Perce
On Friday, December 7, 2012 6:18:06 PM UTC-7, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I would have expected the belt to have lasted longer, unless something else caused it to wear prematurely. Did the belt tensioner get changed along with the water pump? I am not as familiar with the V6. The 2.4 had a new tensioner for the 2003 model year. It went from a *plunger* type, to a *wind up* style.
KM