torqueflite 727 problem, need help....please. Long, sorry.

Absolutely wrong!!!

Adjusting the cable/linkage so that the transmission lever is full back at WOT most often results in late part throttle upshifts or no WOT upshifts. When properly adjusted the lever will be NEAR full back but there will be some travel left.

The "optimal" setting is one that suits the individual driver. As long as the transmission will kickdown at WOT at a road speed of 40 mph or so, the adjustment is sufficient to prevent any low pressure associated damage.

Reply to
John Kunkel

OK, Superior I've seen out here. Could they be marketing different names regionally?

That's the one, seen oft times in T-buckets with a '53-'55 Cadillac transplanted into it.

So, it would seem, with a TV adjustment, he's home free.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

So he says. Charlie Nudo, aka "duty-honor-country," is the troll who trailed me in here. And, FYI, I've rebuild two 727s myself. How many has Nudo even touched? Zero.

The rear clutch check ball thing came to mind, because I had the same problem with a Road Runner I got on the cheap with a "blown" trans. What happened was that the check ball was just plain missing, and the rear band was fried. Everything else, including all hard parts, were in great shape, so it was an easy job. I used an ATP master kit on that one, and was later told I'd screwed up by using their stuff, although I sold the car and never got a comeback on the trans. One shop owner told me that ATP seals weren't up to par, but yet others say their stuff's perfectly reliable. I used some seal repair items on a Ford C6 that held up for over 100K miles, so....

Any opinions on that?

Reply to
DeserTBoB

So the FSM is wrong, then.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Please reference ANY Mopar shop manual that specifies the lever must be full back at WOT, include year, page, paragraph.

What you will actually find is that EVERY FSM specifies the adjustment be made with the carb/throttle body at warm curb idle and with the transmission lever full FORWARD. When correctly adjusted at idle the position of the transmission lever at WOT will automatically be correct due to the design of the factory linkage/cable system.

Reply to
John Kunkel

That's exactly what my FSM says for the overtravel rod system for '86, and a recheck showed that this will also put the TV fully in at WOT, at least on my application. I can shinny underneath and recheck it, but that's how it worked out last time I set it.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Since you have a custom install I would look for a different throdle lever (the one on the trans) I have seen them in different lengths depending on application. Another thought Has it been converted to carb? You need the correct mopar adapter lever for the carb. Front band & rear bands seldom wear out on 727 So that wouldn't be a problem unless overtightened. The quickest way to distroy a TF is to leave the throdle pressure linnkage disconnected I had the MP deep pan on mine with street shift kit

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

John,

Check this out- DeserTroll is now trying to say a TH350 only came on a Chevy- this goes far to show his total LACK of automotive knowledge- as it was a common transmission on Buick, Olds, Pontiac as well, from the

1960's all the way into the 1980's

Here's his latest post:

And here's the obvious info that totally DISPROVES what he's saying. I must have seen 100's of TH350's in Buick-Olds-Pontiac cars. I parted out many myself, and my Firebird still has the original TH350 it came with in 1970.

Engine Compatibility and Adaptability GM The front face TH350 is natively compatible with either the Chevrolet

90 degree "Small Block" & "Big Block" patterned engines, including the V6, V8, I6 & Iron Duke I4. Another version, the Buick / Oldsmobile / Pontiac (BOP) TH350 will be compatible with the Buick 90 degree V6 & V8 engines, and the Olds & Pontiac 90 degree V8. This "BOP" version features a "valley" at the twelve o'clock position of the block flange where the peak would be on the Chevy (pictured) version.

THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ANYTHING DESERTBOB TELLS YOU- he's a poser.

Reply to
duty-honor-country

manifold. It probably

You already saw pictures of the engine, with your picture on the manifold- here it is again, you ricer.

Also, the Chevrolet THM350 does NOT fit the Pontiac

WRONG- I still have the owner's manual for my car, it says right in it, TH350

The TH375 was a TH350 with a LONG TAILSHAFT, used in full sized luxury cars- you DUMB ASS.

Explain this:

Bolt Pattern The Turbo 350 case commonly comes with three different bolt patterns. Some cases have a Chevy engine bolt pattern, some cases have the Buick,

Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy bolt pattern, and some have both. It is well worth getting the dual pattern, or unicase, Turbo 350. If you ever think you might do an engine swap, you won't have to worry about the transmission. It will also help the resale of the transmission because it will work with more engine combinations.

The Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy engine bolt pattern is easily identified by the valley at the top and the Chevy pattern is peaked on the top. The dual pattern transmission in the picture on the right has both patterns. You can see the valley and peak. Each set of bolts around the top is in a pair. The alignment pin and the lower bolt is the same.

IT'S DAMN OBVIOUS- DESERTBOB NEVER OWNED A GM V-8 POWERED CAR- HE KNOWS SHIT ABOUT THE MOST COMMON TRANSMISSION GM EVER MADE ALL THROUGH THE

1970'S !
Reply to
duty-honor-country

manifold. It probably

You accused Bob being obsessive and yet you take the time to Photoshop his picture, print it out and put in on someones engine. You are the psycho and this proves it.

Reply to
Charlie Deludo

manifold. It probably

Why no pics of the whole car? Too ashamed? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reply to
Charlie Deludo

ram" manifold. It probably

previous erased posts by "bicycle" aka "deludo"- which he removed because he writes checks his body can't cash- he's NOTHING

duty-honor-country

att: all- to read above pics, open it, put your mouse arrow on the picture, a box will appear at lower right, click on that box to enlarge and read what lowlife welfare trash "deludo" aka "bicycle" wrote

email me at snipped-for-privacy@epix.net for more info on the coward

don't worry- he's NOTHING

Reply to
duty-honor-country

ram" manifold. It probably

like bicycle aka deludo will ever own something this nice...

never ! he prefers rice !

Reply to
duty-honor-country

Charlie Nudo doesn't know a THM375 from a THM375B from a THM350. Everyone at GM wound up with a permutation of the cheesy THM350 later on, but not so in the beginning. So much for his claims of being an "automotive expert" and a 12 year "shop owner!" If he even had a shop, it was closed due to poor repairs and slovenly work, no doubt. See:

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

For those not able to use that link, use:

Go ahead, Noodles...worm your way out of this one!

Reply to
DeserTBoB

and you took the time to put up these posts, about sneaking into my gated community and sneaking around my house- then you deleted them after you talked to the cops and they said they'd arrest you

what about that ?? now, who's the psycho ??

bicycle aka deludo aka white trash aka (dozens of other usernames)

anyone interested in finding out more about bicycle the cowardly net stalker, email me at snipped-for-privacy@epix.net

I'll gladly forward to anyone ALL the incriminating files I have on "bicycle"

don't worry, he's NOTHING

Reply to
duty-honor-country

A '70 455? Came from the factory with a THM400. Plus, looking at this pic (which you probably stole elsewhere on the net, which can be checked by looking at the JPEG coding) I do not believe that this is the same car.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

just like the Chrysler manual was wrong, right Boob ?

Pontiac, Buick, and Olds used the TH350 on all their base-line GM A-bodies, that means Cutlass-Skylark-F85-Tempest-LeMans-from 1968 all the way to 1980

also in all base-line Camaros and Firebirds 1968 to 1981

where the HELL have you been ?

The TH350 in my car is ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

this scan directly from Chiltons 1964-71 repair manual

you are one stupid, dumb-ass liberal idiot

obviously you never owned or worked on a GM V-8 powered car at ALL, it was their most common automatic of the 1970's

you DICK !

Reply to
duty-honor-country

This psychopath is having his "end-of-the-month" meltdown, for sure. He's shut up once his SSI check shows up. Happens every month!

If you want to see incriminating evidence, just dig up his deleted posts off of any good Usenet server with good retention. There's enough there to have him thrown into jail for "terrorist threats."

Reply to
DeserTBoB

my car is not an original 455 car, it came with a Pontiac 350 2-barrel, with TH350 automatic

look it up-

I installed the 455, RA V heads, tunnel ram, headers

had the trans rebuilt w/kit

and changed the rear axle to a stronger GM 10.5" posi

what the f*ck is your problem ?? you think everyone keeps a car "bone stock" like you do ? I changed more engines to my own config, than you'll ever count...

Reply to
duty-honor-country