Town & County trans code

I have a 1997 Chrysler T&C with a failed transmission. Can someone tell me what the model/code Number is for this trans? 1997 LXi 3.8 V6 FWD

Thanks,

Reply to
glasscases

probably a 41TE

Reply to
TNKev

As I understand, "4" means "four speed," "T" means "transversal, and "E" means "electronic." "1" means "torque level" or something like that. I have never seen this to be anything other than "1." Can anyone explain what the this means?

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
kmath50