wheel bearing saga

OK, Alex - thanks for clarifying. Let us know.

Bill Putney

I have a 93 Intrepid that I couldn't get the right front wheel apart.

I eventually gave up and took it to my local shop.

Two days and about 4 or 5 ruined tools later, he called me. Said he'd do the labor for free if I just bought all new parts... But he found a good one in a junkyard really cheap, installed a new bearing, and it was fine. (And I got off much cheaper than I expected)

After it was out, he kept it for a while just to see if he could bash it to get it apart, not even worrying about keeping it rebuildable. After a few tries, it went in the junk, STILL frozen as one piece.

Oh, he says he has more trouble with the right front on those cars than the left front...

Mike

Reply to
Mike Y

I have more trouble with the right front calipers freezing up and destroying the brake pads. This has happened on my last three front disk brake cars. It becomes noticeable in the spring. Cause= road salt.

Reply to
Some O

Thank you all -- it is good to know that other had similar issues -- the caliper on this side of the car was also frozen, had to replace the boot and the caliper guides/bolts to get it freed up again. I will post an update once I replace the knuckle, hopefully next friday.

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
april1st