Where's the f-----g bong on a 80's Dodge Caravan?

The first thing I do when I buy a car is disconnect the idiotic bong that comes on every time you put the key in the ignition, open the door or leave the lights on.

I've now got two Caravans - an '84 and an '89.

Please, for my sanity, can you tell me where it is?

Reply to
-- I'M WITH STUPID " <sooke

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004,

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

In article , "

Erm... Did you leave it under the passenger seat again? (Never did like that placement... Too hard to light)

Oh... Sorry... One of those hemp moments, I guess :)

Reply to
Don Bruder

Reply to
Don Bruder

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:17:47 -0400, "Daniel J. Stern"

-- There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday

Reply to
Mike Z. Helm

That is the way most jokes work.

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Gee, Mike, I'm sorry I hit an obviously sore point with you. Here, lemme try again:

It's pretty easy to forget where the bong is if it's working properly. You will probably find it right where you left it, often in close proximity to a large and empty carton of fresh organic New Brunswick blueberries.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

"Daniel J. Stern" muttered darkly in news: snipped-for-privacy@alumni.engin.umich.edu:

Maybe he ate too many Cheez-Its before reading your reply?

Reply to
Tegger®

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:40:23 GMT, "Bernard Farquart"

As with many jokes that exploit stereotypes not based in fact, this one reveals bigotry in the teller.

He probably is truly ignorant of this and it shouldn't necessarily be interpreted as hatred.

-- There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday

Reply to
Mike Z. Helm
.

Oh for Christ's sake, he used the word "Bong" to make a joke.

It's a freaking PUN .

Take your meds, or something.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:15:01 -0400, "Daniel J. Stern"

It's actually pretty hard to misplace a bong, and there are only 4 places mine ever is (coffee table, desk, kitchen (being cleaned), or put away).

It's much easier to forget where you set your drink, or which drink is yours, especially after having a few of them.

I prefer a 10 ounce sirloin medium rare with a baked potato with lots of butter and sour cream, skin and all.

-- There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday

Reply to
Mike Z. Helm

Mike Z. Helm muttered darkly in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You must be a desperately sad person.

Q: What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's Witness with an atheist? A: Somebody who knocks on your door for absolutely no reason.

Did you laugh?

Reply to
Tegger®
"

Why can't you just follow the sound until finding it? Even if it's too hard to see under the dash or wherever, maybe you can carefully stuff a rag up there and see if the sound is muffled. Also, there's a Caravan NG somewhere that might have a more direct answer. Just be careful not to ever admit you had a transmission problem when posting. They are very touchy about such things.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Seriously, or smoke another bowl.

With all this oppression and bigotry Mike Helm feels as the result of my harmless and knowing little bong joke, I feel the impending need to make a joke about overuse of marijuana tending to cause paranoia...anyone know where I can rent a black helicopter for an afternoon?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

*eyeroll*

Sure, fine, whatever. I'm a bigot and I exploited a stereotype not based in fact. Your experience, your little collected set of "facts", is the only real one. I am truly ignorant. I kowtow and genuflect before Your Highness. As it were.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

"Daniel J. Stern" muttered darkly in news: snipped-for-privacy@alumni.engin.umich.edu:

Tegger®

Q: What does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac do? A: Lies awake all night wondering if there is a doG

Reply to
John Ings

Link did not work.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:18:34 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling" was understood to have stated the following:

You're just being paranoid, top poster. :-)

Reply to
David W. Poole, Jr.

What? I wasn't the top poster.

I was referring to the link Tegger posted:

And I could not see my own post directly, only as contained in your reply.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling