whirring dashboard (2000 GC)

The passenger side of the dashboard on my 2000 Grand Caravan makes an intermittent whirring noise. It sounds like a servo motor trying to find a proper position. When I say "intermittent", I mean most of the time but not all of the time. From a bit of experimentation, I'm guessing that there really is a motor that controls the route of the air from the heater based upon (?) the position of the mode selection dial. But somehow I doubt it's supposed to run on and on (back and forth?) like this.

There is also an occassional "pop" noise that may or may not be associated with the whir.

Any ideas about exactly what's going on and what should/can be done about it?

JGM

Reply to
JGM

Do you have auto climate control?

Reply to
Art

Nope, just the standard manual control (I think it's the standard, anyway -- not the deluxe set-a-thermostat control).

JGM

Reply to
JGM

Reply to
mic canic

Haven't noticed any issues with fogging. The windshield was replaced last year but this doesn't seem like wind noise, it's unrelated to speed. Where is the recirc motor and what should it do / not do?

Any other thoughts?

JGM

Reply to
JGM