Wire color abbeviations

I have a 2001 Grand Caravan and I did buy a factory service manual but have not been able to find the wire color abbreviations that are used. Does anyone have the location of the wire color abbreviations in the FSM, and/or where can I obtain them.

Reply to
George Rhude

Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
George Rhude

I think it's there - you're just not seeing it. The FSM's are generally organized the same way. In my '99 LH car FSM, the wire color codes are listed in a section titled "Circuit Information". Look for that section title in the index on p. 8W-01-1. Another clue: The wire color code chart is Figure 1 of section 8W-1

Bill Putney

Odd. Well, here y'go; I've scanned a 2000 Dodge FSM wiring diagram colour chart:

These colour codes haven't changed in several decades, so I wouldn't worry about differences between 2000 and 2001. You may want to print this out and staple it to the inside front cover of your FSM. The "standard tracer colour" is the colour of the tracer stripe if no other colour is indicated. So, for example, a wire identified as "YL" is yellow without a tracer, a wire identified as "YL*" is yellow with a standard (black, in this case) tracer stripe, and a wire identified as "YL/RD*" is yellow with a nonstandard (red, in this case) tracer stripe.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

No, it isn't. I concur with the O.P......the color abbreviations don't exist in this manual.

Reply to
Steve

I don't have a 2001 GC, so I don't have that manual... but every single manual I've ever had has had the color code. I'm looking at my

2000 LH body manual now; it's on page 8W-01-4 in this one.
Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

single manual I've ever had has had the color code. I'm looking at my

2000 LH body manual now; it's on page 8W-01-4 in this one.

-- Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.

Reply to
Steve

Awright, qwitcherbitchin' and go yank the colour chart I uploaded and posted a link to earlier today.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
philthy

philthy wrote...

Reply to
Steve

I have the 2003 Service Manual. It lists the section in the S.M. 8W, but it is not in the manual. And the index were each section has a black bar beside the section to correspond with that chapter in the Manual is actually blanked out. It is actually In Volume 2 of the service manual. And Volume 2 is just the 8W section. So, pick up the FSM Volume 2 which is only an inch thick. It is the section you want.

Reply to
harts