Wiring Diagrams online?

Are there any Internet sources for chassis wiring diagrams, dash harness color codes, accessories, lights, etc? Looking for Voyager/Caravan 85-86 timeframe. TIA Bob

Reply to
BeeP

Yes. The source is

For $25 (1-year subscription) you get on-line access to the stuff (including schematics) right out of the FSM, and also the full TSB's for your vehicle. ($15 for additonal vehicles and annual renewals).

I assume it goes back to 86/86 - but you'll have to check.

Bill Putney

Bob, sorry to have to post this because now your going to have to fight others for it, but that's what you get for posting from a bogus e-mail address.

Here's the manual you want:

You might also e-mail him to make sure the following isn't an accidental double posting:

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Ted, thanks for the references. The occasional inconvenience of a bogus email address far outweighs the incontinence of spam and a host of other problems. Appreciate the references. Bob

e-mail

accidental

BeeP

Darn spell check! I meant "inconvenience" of spam..... ! Bob

Reply to
BeeP

Heh! I thought "incontinence" fit very well.

Bill Putney

You might also check to see if your local library has a subscription to the service. One of the libraries near me lists Alldata as a service they have available. I'm going to pay them a visit this week.

-------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I've used alldata for several years and for the most part have been pleased with it. However, just last weekend I went there to verify the connections between plugs and the coil pack. Much to my surprise the information was wrong. Luckily I had made a note of the way the old connections were made.

Reply to
Hmmm...

Unless my understanding is wrong, the only way their info. would be wrong is if the FSM is wrong because the stuff on alldata is copied - not re-writeen, re-typed, or reformated - but taken directly word-for-word, figure-for-figure out of the FSM.

(I will say that I took the bait on the CD-ROM manuals that alldata/popular mechanics used to market about 10 or so years ago, and they were fraudulently awful - worse than any hardcopy aftermarket manual I've ever seen. However they apparently cleaned up their act with the on-line subscription stuff. I don't know if they still sell the CD's. If so, I hope it's just a copy of the on-line info. and that they got out of the con business.)

Bill Putney

connections

Did you let them know about it so they can fix their data?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Yes, I notified them. FWIW, they have a diagram in the firing order section that shows the coil pack upside down. Also, in the ignition cable section they say "A grooved tray routes the cables from the coil to each cylinder. The cables for the even number cylinders run along the bottom of the tray. Cables for the odd number cylinders run along the top of the tray." Their firing order diagram shows the even cylinders on the driver side of the engine, and the odd cylinders on the passenger side. If that is the case their statement about the grooved tray is backwards. The cables for the odd cylinders run along the bottom of the tray, and the cables for the even cylinders run along the top of the tray.

Reply to
Hmmm...

Honestly I can't remember, but I think I did e-mail them. I may have asked for a refund. In any case, anyone who throws together a product as crappy as that was already knows how crappy it is. Half the sections weren't even there - i.e., IIRC, there was no cooling system section, and several other major sections were devoid of any information - and it was obvious it wasn't just an oversite - they just never pulled the info. together. It wasn't like they would say to themselves "Oh look - we totally forgot to include a section on the cooling system - how silly of us - good thing this guy told us or we'd never have known". They knew.

Bill Putney