Ax dimension timing belt info

I want to change the timing belt on my AX Dimension .

Is it a job for a garage or can i do it myself . Im fairly good at diy , but if there is something tricky about this operation , i would like to know now , before i get stuck in .

Reply to
Nos

would leave that 1 to a mechanic bud,tho not the most difficult 1 to do ,if youve never done a cambelt or know wot it does you could seriousley damage youre engine,must be timed up and tensioned correctley.

Reply to
muckymits

If you need to ask......

Get it wrong and you could end up doing a lot of damage, and I mean a

*expencive* damage (I've known complete cylinder head or engines to need replacing after cam belt failure / incorrect valve timing), 'just being good at DIY' is not enough - you need to know what you are doing and understand why you are doing it.
Reply to
Jerry

Besides which a good garage can do the work for about £120.

Reply to
malc