bloody alarm

can anyone tell me how to reset the alarm on my p plate Xantia it started going off after i had a new stereo fitted and as i dont have the inside of the key i can not turn it off i have pulled a fuse which has stopped it but that has taken out my electric windows heated read windscreen ect. i do have another key but not for this car can anyone tell me how i can programe it to workk on my car as the stuff i got off ebay dose not work here is living in hope that someone can help

Reply to
british_made

I was reading , made by the entity known as british_made, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Citroen dealer. The alarm is doing what it's supposed to do isn't it? The dealer can fix your car.

Suppose there would be an easy trick to bypass the alarm. That wouldn't be an alarm.

Reply to
2Rowdy

...and no one honest person will pass on how to defeat the alarm short of proof of legal ownership, if, even then.

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's in the handbook...

If it's like the XM (Xants usually are...), you turn the key in the ignition, but don't start the car, then hold the ultrasonic cutout button in for a few seconds.

Who'd nick a Xant? Except, of course, pikeys for scrap value.

Reply to
Adrian

Is the keyswitch under the bonnet, above the heater air intake on the nearside, anything to do with it, or does it do something else?

TF

Reply to
Tony Fisk

"Tony Fisk" @tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Just turns the siren off. Alarm still does the same, but doesn't wake the neighbours.

Reply to
Adrian