Picasso Speakers

Has anyone replaced the Rubbish Front Door Speakers in a Citroen Picasso.

The ones fitted as standard are rubbish and distort when the bass is turned up, even at low volumes.

If so can you help with the following

What size are the speakers How are they removed and replaced, can it be done withoput removing the inner door membrane What speaker type fits and where are they obtained from

Malcolm Paget

Reply to
Malcolm

The answer to nearly all your Picasso Questions!!

Reply to
whitelee

*are* the speakers rubbish ? is the /amp/ up to /driving/ the speakers ? do the speakers have a _foam condensation cover_ over them which _vibrates_ when the speakers are diven ? so many questions.

buy a manual, pop the covers off, have a look, the questions you ask are not citroen specific ;-)

Reply to
.

I replaced original ones "made in poland" with Pioneer TS-H1703

in front, it has separate bass and tweeter and all adapters needed just for click-click

in rear doors are 13 but I replaced them with 17 pioneer

TS-1776

easilily

I broke rain cover at the rear of spakers cause you will get much more bass . Now it sounds much better but it seems that factory head unit is rubbish too so I will replace it with new one

Reply to
HAL_9000

I replaced my fronts with Pioneer TSA171C component kit (great sound) and rears with TSE1076's which are a bit /flat/ sometime in the very near future I will re-amp the fronts, add some 8" mid/bass to the parcel shelf and install a 2 x 12 1k sub box in teh boot :-)

Reply to
.