The door on my Saxo won't open all the way

Hi

I have a Citroen Saxo X. On Saturday I went to open the driver's door, and found that it now only opens half-way, i.e. reaches where the normal "first point of resistance" is that keeps the door open, and will go no further.

My first thought was that I'd been hit whilst parked, but I can see no dents/scratches on the car. I can't see any physical blockage, and am assuming it is something in the mechanism inside the door.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Does anyone have any idea what to have a look at?

Many thanks,

Reply to
Toby Newman

door checkstrap has jammed ?

knock out the checkstrap pin on the front pillar and see if this lets it goes the whole distance. ( don't do this on a windy day though )

Reply to
Ebodsky

# Ebodsky

I guess the "checkstrap" is the metal strap that stops the door opening all the way out... it certainly seems to be the only thing that is blocking the door, so you may be right.

I had a look at it, and it doesn't look particularly simple to "knock out the checkstrap pin" - is there any thread, or bolt to undo? Do I just tap it with a hammer from the underside? I really don't want to break anything, or find I can't get it back together :D

Reply to
Toby Newman